Emergencies are never fun, especially alone! Thankfully, with the proper knowledge and preparation, you can handle any emergency like a pro. And who better to guide you than our emergency dentist in Tumwater and Olympia, Washington? Dr. Ajaipal Dhanoa, our team at Affordable Family Dental, uses state-of-the-art technology and techniques to provide you with an answer to any emergency.
When dealing with a dental emergency, however, you can do plenty to increase your odds of well-being. So grab your popcorn, and let’s dive into the dos and dont’s of emergency dentistry. If you have any questions or concerns, our team is always here to help!
- Stay Calm. The first and most important thing to do in a dental emergency is to stay calm. Take some deep breaths and assess the situation. While this may be easier said than done, panicking will only worsen the situation.
- Contact us ASAP. The next step is to contact Dr. Ajaipal Dhanoa. Our team is always available to help you in a dental emergency, so don’t hesitate to give them a call. They can offer advice and schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- Manage Pain and Swelling. If you’re experiencing pain or swelling, you can manage it with over-the-counter pain relievers and ice packs. Proper medication can provide temporary relief while you wait for your appointment with Dr. Dhanoa.
- Preserve Knocked-Out Teeth If a tooth gets knocked out, acting fast is crucial to preserve it. Pick up the tooth by the crown and gently rinse it with water. Don’t touch the root, as this can damage the tooth. If possible, place the tooth back in the socket, or store it in milk or saliva until you can see Dr. Ajaipal Dhanoa.
- Prevent Future Emergencies. Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to dental emergencies. Brush and floss regularly, avoid hard or sticky foods, wear a mouthguard during sports or physical activities, and maintain regular dental checkups and cleanings at our affordable family dentistry. These steps can help prevent future emergencies and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Wait Too Long. If you’re experiencing severe pain or bleeding, don’t wait too long to seek medical attention. Dental emergencies can quickly escalate if left untreated, so acting fast and getting help as soon as possible is crucial.
- Attempt DIY Fixes. While trying to fix the problem yourself may be tempting, leaving it to medical professionals is best. DIY fixes can do more harm than good and worsen the situation. Trust the experts to handle the problem safely and effectively.
- Ignore the Problem. Ignoring a dental emergency is never a good idea. Even if the pain disappears, the underlying issue may still be present and could lead to more severe problems. Always seek medical attention and follow through with any recommended treatments.
- Wait to Seek Treatment. Time is of the essence when dealing with a knocked-out tooth. If you can see Dr. Ajaipal Dhanoa within an hour of the incident, there’s a good chance we can save the tooth. After an hour, the chances of saving the tooth decrease. When it comes to dental emergencies, speed is critical!
Emergency Dentist in Tumwater and Olympia, Washington
Don’t let dental emergencies catch you off guard! With Dr. Ajaipal Dhanoa and our team at Affordable Family Dental, you’ll be well-equipped to handle any situation quickly and confidently. Whether it’s a knocked-out tooth or severe pain, the dos and don’ts outlined above will help you stay calm, get the care you need, and prevent future emergencies. We operate on a patient-centric model that gives you a personalized, practical experience each time.
So, please don’t wait until it’s too late! Contact us today to learn how you can prepare for any dental emergency.